Monday, September 1, 2014

Oh, the Cuteness! Aster Cardigan Edition

I will be the first to admit that I have a children's pattern buying problem.  I have purchased way more patterns than I will ever have time to sew, and so I always hesitate to buy another one.  But with a pattern like the Aster Cardigan by Willow & Co, there is no guilt involved-- it is a pattern that is cute AND practical and I know it will be made and worn often.   



The pattern is a simple cardigan with 3/4 length sleeves and a Peter Pan collar-- great for the cool weather that lies ahead here in the midwest.  The peplum bottom, sleeve button tabs, and heart applique were my own additions.   This is an easy pattern to modify or embellish, so there are many possibilities to make it your own style.  And I always love patterns that allow me to highlight a little bit of fun printed fabric!





Here is a view of the back with the peplum bottom:


And finally, because my daughter is three, we ended up with a number of pictures like these!




12 comments:

  1. She is a cutie!! I love all the little details and that polka dot peter pan colar is genious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! The polka dots seemed to be a fun print without being "over-the-top", which is usually where I end up! :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! Love that little peplum addition. SO many fun ways to alter this pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to play around with the pattern again and try another combination!

      Delete
  3. Hi Hanni! This is Dusti from the grove last week...it was so cool to meet you in person. I love this cardi! Just wanted to give you the link to the Sew KC Meetup group http://www.meetup.com/Sew-KC/
    I love all the stuff on your blog, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dusti, thanks for stopping by the blog! It was great meeting you the other day, I'll definitely check out the meet up group and try to make it!

      Delete
  4. Loving it!! You got some great smiles! Btw can you make me one in my size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU can make one in your size! :) In fact, your sewing machine is still at my house, we can have a playdate/sew date someday...

      Delete
  5. Just sewed this pattern myself this week, but certainly didn't have your creativity to add a peplum - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice change-up to the pattern. Very cute. My daughter is 3 also and photoshoots are unpredictable with her too. We go from mug shots to non-stop twirling and sometimes, actual cooperation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have major Aster envy! I too have a pattern problem so haven't bought it...yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love this version of the cardi! And what a gorgeous little model :)

    ReplyDelete